If you want to achieve a beautiful, even smile, there’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth. Lozman Orthodontics is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign, the world’s most advanced clear aligner system. Now you can restore your confidence with a clear, comfortable and convenient aligner that works for both simple and complex shifts.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a dental appliance used to straighten the teeth. It consists of a series of clear trays that are custom-made to fit your mouth and apply gentle pressure to the teeth to correct alignment issues, improper bite patterns, aesthetic concerns and more. Its main advantage is that it’s virtually invisible and works just as effectively as traditional braces, but without the metal brackets.
Why Choose Invisalign?
- Faster treatment: You’ll be on the way to a smile you love quickly with weekly aligner changes. Depending on how you respond to treatment, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes, especially for mature adults.
- Proven results: Invisalign’s SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® attachments have been clinically proven to provide better control of tooth movement, even for complex cases.
- Better fit: Aligners made with SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit snugly and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign can treat a wide range of dental conditions, such as crowding, crossbites, open bites, tooth gaps, underbites and overbites.
- Virtually invisible: Clear aligners are barely noticeable while you’re wearing them, so most people won’t even know you’re undergoing treatment.
- Comfortable: Invisalign’s clear aligner trays are smooth and comfortable to wear. They’re also removable, meaning you can keep doing all the things you normally would, including eating whatever you’d like.
- Convenient: Invisalign is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office once every six to eight weeks after getting started.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Invisalign involves three easy steps to help you achieve a straighter, brand-new smile without disrupting your lifestyle. Throughout the process, Dr. Lozman will take the time to ensure you have a deep understanding of how it works and what you can do to get the most out of your treatment. Here’s what you can expect with Invisalign from start to finish.
Step 1: Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we’ll discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. If you decide to begin treatment, Dr. Lozman will take a 3D scan of your teeth using the advanced iTero® digital scanning system. This creates fast, precise images that allow us to map out an accurate treatment plan based on the exact movements, structure and alignment of your teeth. It also provides a preview of your new smile and tracks changes over time.
Step 2: Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your unique digital scans will be sent to Invisalign so your aligners can be made. These are customized to fit your mouth and made from Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack material, which is virtually invisible and specially engineered to apply a constant, gentle force that gradually straightens your teeth. Most people won’t even notice them.
Once your aligners are ready, Dr. Lozman will ensure they fit properly and answer any questions you may have. We’ll also let you know what to expect over the next several months. You’ll be wearing your Invisalign clear aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day for best results, taking them out only to brush, floss and eat.
Step 3. Your Progress
Once you start wearing your Invisalign clear aligners, you’ll start seeing results after a few weeks as your teeth gently and gradually shift into place. However, the entire treatment process can take six months or more to complete, depending on the complexity of your case. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every 7-14 days and will schedule a check-up every six to eight weeks or so to check your progress.
Living with Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign transforms your smile without interrupting your daily life. Your aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth and won’t slip or slide out of place as you go about your normal routine. Since they’re removable, there are no restrictions on what you can eat or drink during treatment, although it’s often recommended to remove your aligners while drinking highly acidic beverages like coffee or soda. With traditional braces that are worn 24/7, foods that are too sticky, crunchy or chewy must be avoided so as not to damage the appliance, but you don’t have to worry about that with Invisalign.
Depending on your needs, Dr. Lozman will recommend wearing your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day. In most cases, you’ll only take them out to eat, drink, and clean your teeth or trays. You can safely wear them while sleeping and performing physical activities. You’ll have periodic dental visits to make sure your aligners are working, and you’ll switch to your new set every week or two as prescribed by Dr. Lozman. With each new set, you may feel some pain or pressure at first, but this is completely normal and will subside as you get accustomed to wearing them. Invisalign is generally considered to be more comfortable than braces.
If you have any questions during your Invisalign treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us to have them addressed. We put your comfort, confidence and education first to improve your experience and ensure the best outcome possible.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
Good oral hygiene is critical to a healthy smile, but taking care of your teeth is even more important during your Invisalign treatment. That’s because the aligners act as a barrier that prevents saliva in the mouth from protecting against cavities and enamel-destroying acids.
Some daily habits to remember while wearing your aligners include:
- Removing them to eat, drink, brush and floss your teeth
- Brush and floss two to three times daily, especially after meals
- See your dentist regularly for check-ups
- Avoid smoking during treatment
- Clean your Invisalign clear aligners daily
- Limit beverages that stain the teeth (coffee, soda, wine, etc.)
- Store your aligners in the provided case when not in use
When your treatment is complete, you can also ask us about a Vivera® retainer to maintain your results. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same innovative materials as Invisalign clear aligners and help ensure that your teeth don’t begin to shift back toward their initial position. They’re also 30 percent stronger and more durable than other clear retainers. This can help protect the investment you’ve made in your smile.
The team at Lozman Orthodontics is committed to providing each patient with deeply individualized and personalized care. To learn more about Invisalign and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a clearly incredible smile!